Below is a selection of the TOP 10 best indie games for Android devices. All the games presented are free and available for download in the Google Play Play Store. For those who do not know what these games are, we have prepared a small introduction.
What are indie games?
First, let’s find out what “Indie Games. In simple terms, indie games are applications that are created by independent developers. That is, people who work not for large publishers like Activision, Ubisoft or EA, but for themselves. As a rule, indie studios consist of only a few people (rarely more than ten), but there are also solo developers.
Indie game (from the English Indie game, from the English independent video game – “independent computer game”) – a computer or mobile game created by an individual developer or a small team without financial support from the publisher of computer games.
Benefits of indie games
Independent developers rarely undertake large-scale projects, which allows them to focus on the specifics of the game. As a rule, indie applications contain:
- High quality of individual aspects: beautiful graphics, unusual gameplay, mechanics or an exciting plot.
- Unusual Ideas – Indie developers create the games you want and are not afraid to explore crazy ideas.
- Fast reaction to feedback – indie studios are almost always small, so it is easier for them to respond to complaints and suggestions from players.
Disadvantages of indie games
Like other projects, indie games also have their drawbacks:
- Lack of developer experience – often indie developers lack the skills and experience to create a really high-quality game.
- Poor Marketing – One of the main reasons most indie toys fail is that developers didn’t have the money, time, or skills to run an effective PR campaign.
- Over-saturated market – Indie games have always existed in some form, but they only achieved real popularity in 2011.
Best indie games for Android
1.Fern Flower Is a mystical and incredibly beautiful indie game that will tell you a beautiful story about esoteric flowers that bloom only once a year.
On the way to the treasured treasure, do not forget to collect fireflies that will illuminate your path and help you find the flower. For each find you will receive various bonuses and new interesting characters. Plunge into the enchanting atmosphere of some other world with all its charms and mysteries.
2. MIRIAM: The Escape Is one of the best indie arcade / adventure games available on Android mobile devices. In Miriam, you will embark on an adventure, inside the strange dreams of a little girl. The stages of black and white, light and silhouette are waiting for you to challenge them.
3. KAMI 2 – Soothing indie puzzle game that you can’t help but get hooked on for a long time. The game features over 100 hand-crafted puzzles. Kami 2 is an exciting and challenging journey where you have to apply logic and problem solving skills.
4. Don’t get fired! Is a Korean indie game with over 1 million installs on Google Play. “Don’t get fired!” Is a game in which you control a character without money or connections. Your task is to help him climb the career ladder from student to president of the company.
5. Duet – go into a hypnotic trance and feel the close relationship of entities in the Duet project. The rules are pretty simple: control two vessels moving in sync, survive against all odds and keep your cool.
6. Undervault – role-playing indie game in Russian with random levels and permanent death. The game level consists of different types of rooms. Some rooms are unknown and can be opened with luck, or using a room map. Get through monsters, learn skills, find equipment and trade. Fight hunger and fatigue, carefully plan your dungeon to succeed.
7. Alto’s Adventure – join the clever boy Alto and his friends on their endless journey on a snowboard. Travel through beautiful alpine hills, ancient forests and abandoned ruins. Along the way, you’ll rescue escaped llamas, race across rooftops, jump over fearsome chasms, and outwit mountain elders. Also, you will have to overcome the constantly changing landscape of the mountains and the passage of time.
8. I Love Hue – a quiet journey into the world of colors and feelings. Move the colored rectangles to create harmonious colors. Made with love for everyone who loves beautiful puzzle games and for those who want to relax their soul and eyes.
9. The Office Quest Is a click-to-play indie adventure game for those who are sick and tired of sitting in the office. Amazingly handy items, plus your wonderful sharp mind, is the path to freedom. Look for the red light and use all available means to get out of the gray abyss called the office.
10. A Planet of Mine – a fascinating mobile Android strategy with a random world generation. Planets, biomes and resources are distributed randomly throughout the galaxy, which means that each game is unique.
What’s your favorite indie game? Share your opinion by leaving a comment at the bottom of the page, perhaps your message will be useful and help other users make a choice.