Standard user and administrator accounts are two types of Windows, in most cases, the standard user is usually used by children who need to use the computer under the supervision of their parents.
For many Windows users, you may have wondered why you have limited access to some apps and programs in Windows 10. And you may be one of those who expects to control your PC completely, prompting you to turn to Windows account. administrator from the standard user account.
How can you complete this transformation to administrator successfully and quickly?
Follow the below methods and you can achieve your goal in Windows 10 to switch from Standard User to Administrator.
Method 1: the easiest and fastest way
This is the easiest and fastest way if you choose this way.
1. Go to here: Start Menu > Setting > Bill > Family and other people .
2. Choose one of the new accounts you want to change to administrator and click Change account type .
3. In the window, choose Administrator and do click on To accept .
Of course, you can use other shapes as you like.
Method 2: Switch to Administrator via Command Prompt
Command prompt, also called cmd prompt, is used to execute various advanced functions in Windows 7, 8 and 10. So, to switch from standard user to administrator, you can also activate command prompt to end it.
1. Press Windows + R to open Run. Here you need to make sure that you enter it as an administrator.
2. Type or copy the following command into the command box.
Net localgroup Administrators Jame /add
after pressing okay Windows 10 would switch to standard user manager.
However, there are many other ways you can choose to complete this process.
Method 3: Switch to administrator in control panel
Sometimes, without passwords, you may be in great need to change your Standard User to Administrator, which would give you full rights to enter some programs or change basic Windows 10 settings. To achieve this goal, you will be required to do full use of the control panel.
1. Search the Dashboard in the search box and press Get in .
2 in User account click on Change account type . Here, if you couldn’t find the user account, you can also try View By category .
3. Choose your local account . Here the local account is called aaa .
4. Select Change account type . Of course, as you can see, you can also change account name .
5. Select Administrator and then click Change account type .
In this way, you will have changed the account to Administrator in Windows 10. Now you can manage your PC with the account permissions . Or you can continue to check out more ways to change administrator in Windows 10.
Method 4 – Switch to administrator from computer management
You are also offered another solution to make Windows 10 account changes, which is through administration on this computer. So why not try it this way? It can help you switch from Standard User to Administrator
1. Right-click on this pc on the desktop and select Manage of the list.
2. From the route System > Local user and groups > User locate your local user account, here take aaa my account as an example.
3. Double-click the standard user account and select Properties . Here double click on aaa and open its properties.
4. in Member of navigate to Add .
5. Under Select Groups, click Advanced .
6. Click Search now , then track down the admin account from the search results. Finally touch To accept .
At this time, you can see that your account has changed to administrator. And you can control many settings with your administrator account.
In short, from this post, you will easily get the tricks on how to switch to Standard User admin. Surely you can also switch to Administrator’s Standard User account for your children if you are not willing to give them too much right to use your computer.