The input prompt, which usually appears as “ENG”, will be displayed on the desktop or taskbar when you select more than one language as the keyboard language, and will disappear if only one language is selected. Sometimes you may want to hide or show the input indicator on the taskbar, so how to do it? Here are steps to turn the input indicator on or off.
How to turn the input indicator on or off in Windows 10
Normally, the input indicator is located in the right corner of the task bar. If you want to hide it, you can do the following.
1. Click the start menu and open Setting .
2. Select Personalization in Settings.
3. Choose Taskbar and then click Turn system icons on or off at notification area .
On some computers, the Turn system icons on or off option is located under System. In this condition, you can go to Setting > System > Notifications Y Actions > quick actions > Turn system icons on or off .
4. You will find the input indicator in the list and then you can turn it on or off.
If it is off, the input indicator will disappear on the taskbar.
So, on the taskbar, the icon ENGLISH it is hidden. And you can also activate it through this means if the input indicator cannot be found on the taskbar.
Next, here is a way to hide or show the language bar, which appears as EN and usually does not appear on the taskbar or desktop. If you need to display it, you must first go to Setting and choose time and language .
1. Enter Region and language and click Additional date, time, and regional settings in Settings related.
2. Click Idiom on the list.
3. Then click Advanced settings in the left pane.
4. in Change input method , select Use the desktop language bar when available .
Then click Options .
5. Then you will see the following 3 options for the language bar.
if you choose Floating on the desktop , the language bar will appear on the desktop.
if you choose Docked in the taskbar, the language bar will be on the taskbar.
if you choose Hidden , the language bar will disappear.
Select one and do click in Accept .
6. Finally, save your changes.
And you will see the language bar appears in the different positions. The left language floats on the desktop and the right language is docked on the taskbar.
The above is about how to show or hide the language bar. When it is missing, this method can also be used to make it reappear.