The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is finally available to everyone. The seventh major feature update for Windows 10 brings the most anticipated Light, sandbox, kamoji, and more theme. And all compatible devices get the update notification from Windows 10 version 1903 for free. But this time user control over feature update to download or ignore feature update while receiving security updates. That means on the Windows update screen if you see Feature Update Windows 10 version 1903 , you need to click the download button to get it.
Post content: – [ mostrar ]
- 1 Windows 10 Update 1903 Failed
- 1.1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- 1.2 Reset Windows update components
- 1.3 Run DISM command
- 1.4 Perform a clean boot
- 1.5 Get Windows 10 May 2019 update Manually
Windows 10 1903 update failed
Well, in general, the update process is easier. When you click the download button, the updates are downloaded from the Microsoft server. And you need to restart your PC to apply these updates. But sometimes users report Windows 10 1903 update stuck when downloading, for other Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install. Here users report
Cause 01: When the Windows 10 version 1903 download is complete, Windows prompts for a reboot to install the update. After the system reboot, the May 2019 update is not installed and in the update history you will receive the following error: “Failed to install Windows 10 version 1903 update …” (error: 0x80080008)
Cause 02: after checking for new updates, Windows starts downloading the May 2019 update for Windows 10 version 1903, but during the update download operation it gets stuck at xx% (for example 85% or 99%) with the error 0x80d02002.
Well, if you are also struggling with a similar problem, here the solutions to fix and get Windows 10 can be properly updated in 2019.
- First check that you have a stable internet connection to download update files,
- Temporarily uninstall the antivirus if it is installed on your PC,
- Verify that the time zone settings are correct and disconnect the VPN if it is configured.
- Disable any external USB device including HDD or SD card,
- Open the Services Manager (services.msc) and make sure the following services are started and their startup type is as follows:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service – Manual
- Cryptographic service: automatic
- Windows Update Service: Manual (activated)
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has developed the Windows Update Troubleshooter that scans your system, in particular the Windows update module, and fixes problems. We recommend that you run the update troubleshooter first and let Windows check and fix the problem.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Update & Security
- Click troubleshoot
- And from the center panel, select Windows Update
- Then click Run the troubleshooter
The Windows Update troubleshooter will run and try to identify if there are any issues that are preventing your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. Once completed, the process Restarts windows and manually checks for updates again.
Reset Windows update components
If all the above methods were not fixed, just perform the following command to reset the Windows update components. To do this, open the administrative command prompt and type the following commands one by one followed by the Enter key.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
The above commands stop the Windows update service and its related services.
- Ren C: Windows SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C: Windows System32 catroot2 Catroot2.old
This will rename or backup the Software distribution folder where the Windows update files are stored. It means The next time you check for updates, it will create a new Software distribution folder and download new update files.
After that, run the above command to start Windows update and its related services.
- Now you can update Windows from settings, update and update and check for updates.
- Hit the download button if Windows 10 1903 update is available,
- Restart Windows to apply the updates,
- Hope this time it will successfully upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019.
- Well, you can use the command winver to confirm build number 18362.1
Run the DISM command
If you are still having trouble installing the Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Run the DISM restore health command that prepares and repairs the system image. And then after running the system file checker utility that helps to restore missing system files.
- Open command prompt as administrator,
- Run the DISM command DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
- And after that, run sfca / scannow to run the system file check utility,
- Restart Windows after completing the scanning process
Perform a clean boot
If these methods still don’t help, we recommend doing a clean boot to remove the influence of third-party software and double-checking.
- Click Start and type msconfig in the search box.
- Press Enter.
- On the General tab, click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load startup items check box.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
- Click Disable all.
- Click ok
Now restart Windows and search for Windows 10 update, hope this time it will succeed, Windows 10 May 2019 Update Download and install on your system successfully.
Get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update manually
If all the above methods were not fixed, just download the » Windows update wizard »From the Microsoft website. Run the update wizard, click the button Update now and follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
Also, you can use the official media creation tool to update Windows 10 version 1903 or download Windows 10 version 1903 ISO for a clean installation.