Xcode is encoding software or, to put it precisely, it is application development software for Apple devices created by Apple Inc. Devices such as iPhone, iPad and MacOS can use the software or applications developed using Xcode. The Xcode IDE (Integrated Development Environment) can easily analyze the user-made project and even identify errors or problems that may arise due to incorrect logic or syntax. But still, you can’t use the app because you don’t have a MacOS system and you want to download Xcode for Windows now.
Therefore, today in this article I will help you install Xcode on a Windows PC if it is available and if it is not available I will let you know what the best alternatives are instead of Xcode.
Is Xcode available for Windows?
Since it is developed by Apple, it means that it is not officially available for Windows platform to develop applications and users can use it for Mac OS only. But, although there are some ways to use, we can use Xcode on Windows .
Then in the next point I will discuss some methods by which you can install Xcode for Windows operating system . Just follow the steps I provide and you can easily install Xcode and start developing applications for various Apple devices.
How to install and run Xcode on Windows?
Apple has not released any software or applications that use Xcode on Windows and create applications for iPhone, iPad, or MacOS. Which means that you would need MacOS to run the Xcode software and create your own applications. So you need to install macOS on your system first and then you can install Xcode for your Windows.
1. Virtual box.
A Virtual Box is software developed that allows users to use multiple operating systems on a single PC operating system. You can use any OS like Windows, Linux, Mac, whatever you want to use and the best part about using this app is that you don’t need to remove your old OS.
- You can download the Virtual Box software from here .
- Install the software and run it.
- Open the operating system you want to open with the Add button in Virtual Box. But you need to download the Virtual Box image file of that OS on your system beforehand.
- After adding the operating system, you can use the Xcode software to create your Apple device applications any way you want.
Besides Virtual Box, there is other similar software to use multiple operating systems, i.e VMWare Player. If you already installed VMWare, you can use it to install Xcode for Windows .
2. VMWare Player
VMware player is also the same as Virtual Box and can be used to install any operating system on a single PC and run multiple OS at the same time. The steps to install VMware would be the same as for Virtual Box, but for your reference, I’ll walk you through these simple steps:
- Download VMware using the link .
- Install and run the software now.
- You must have the operating system image file (MacOS image file for VMware) downloaded already on your PC.
- Add the operating system with the Add button and after the installation is done, you can start using it.
Now you can create applications for various Apple devices like iPhone, iPad or Mac or if you are a beginner you can start to learn and create applications slowly.
3. Boot Windows to Mac OS
In this method, you can download and create a bootable drive (like pen drive) to install MacOS on your Windows PC. You can use the devices as an external bootable drive to use it on MacOS (but it must have a large space of more than 16GB) or you can boot it on your device by keeping or removing your Windows operating system during the process and installing MacOS.
The whole process can be continued using this link .
After installing MacOS using any of the 3 methods mentioned above, you can now download and install the Xcode software on your MacOS.
The link to download Xcode for Windows is here .
With these methods, you can download Xcode for 32-bit Windows or 64 bits and use it to develop the applications. But an important note: Apple has not yet legalized the use of MacOS on Windows and the use of Xcode on Windows is illegal .
Windows alternatives for Xcode
Now since we know that Xcode is not officially available for Windows, we can use some alternatives instead of Xcode to develop applications for Apple devices.
1. These apps / platforms can help
- Xamarin: uses the C # language to create mobile applications that you can deploy natively on Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems.
- Flutter: Flutter is a mobile application development framework created by Google to develop applications for Android and iOS.
These are the best alternatives available in the market that can develop applications for Apple and Android and some can also be developed for Windows. But using them to develop applications for Apple devices will not be worth it because as a result you will need the Xcode software to verify the application and you would also need an Apple developer to add the application to the Apple Store.
2. Other alternatives
- Rent MacOS on a cloud – Cheapest way to use MacOS for those who cannot afford to buy the MacOS system, then you can use MacOS by renting it through the cloud. You can just rent Google MacOS using the cloud and there will be a lot of results to help you. Check the site properly before you rent the macOS and then just pay. With this method, you can use MacOS and complete your needs for a short period.
- Buy a mac – The best option and the last option left is to buy an Apple system and use it to develop applications for Apple devices. The easiest and most legal way for those who can afford the system.
Xcode is not available for Windows as Apple has not released anything on this topic yet. Also, if you really need to install MacOS and use Xcode for Windows , the alternatives are there for your help. For further assistance, we are here for you and you can comment below and let us know if you have any questions or queries. Also, you can comment below if you find any new method or alternative that can help people to use Xcode on the Windows operating system.