In mid-May, Xiaomi officially confirmed the restart of the Redmi Note 8 smartphone, and on Monday, May 24, quietly announced an updated model. The 2021 Redmi Note 8 has already appeared on the manufacturer’s global website.
The novelty is a slightly updated version of the original Redmi Note 8 released in 2019. The new model is based on MediaTek’s Helio G85 chipset and is powered by the MIUI 12.5 mobile operating system based on Android 11. The body of the smartphone has a special nano-coating with splash protection. The rest of the characteristics have generally remained almost unchanged, with the exception of a decrease in the maximum resolution when filming video on the main camera – from 4K at 30 frames for the original model to Full HD at 30 frames for the updated smartphone. The 2021 Redmi Note 8 is only offered in two configurations, with 64GB and 128GB of internal storage. The amount of RAM in both cases is 4 GB.
Specifications of Redmi Note 8 2021 model year:
- Display: 6.3-inch, IPS LCD, 2340 × 1080 pixels, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, 409 PPI pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- SoC: MediaTek Helio G85, 12 nm process technology, 2 Cortex-A75 cores @ 2 GHz, 6 Cortex-A55 cores @ 1.8 GHz, Mali-G52 MC2 graphics.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Built-in memory: 64 or 128 GB, a separate slot for memory cards format microSD.
- Operating system: Android 11 with MIUI 12 shell.
- Front camera: 13 MP (f / 2.0, wide-angle lens, HDR, panorama).
- Main camera: 48 MP (f / 1.8, wide-angle lens, phase detection autofocus) + 8 MP (f / 2.2, ultra-wide-angle lens) + 2 MP (f / 2.4, macro lens) + 2 MP (f / 2.4, depth sensor), LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Rechargeable battery: 4000 mAh, 18 W fast charging function, 22.5 W charger included.
- Ports: USB Type-C and 3.5mm audio jack for headphones.
- Communications: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC (depending on the region).
- Other: Infrared, FM radio, fingerprint scanner (rear), accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass.
- Available colors: black, blue and gradient blue and white.
The sales of the updated Redmi Note 8 will start soon. It will be available in most regions, including Europe and Russia. The cost of new items will be announced later.